Job Vacancy - Trainee Laboratory Technician – Embryo Transfer
Date Posted: 31st March 2022
We are currently seeking to recruit a permanent full time trainee Lab Technician to join our established mobile laboratory team travelling to farms for the purpose of flushing / grading / freezing and implanting cattle embryos.
The role will include:
- Assisting in the general running of the Embryo Transfer laboratories, both at Ballycraigy and mobile
- Responsibility for hygiene, equipment, stocks of drugs, etc.
- Co-ordination of E.T. programmes
- Accurate maintenance of E.T. records
- Invoicing of work carried out
The successful candidate will be required to
- Participate in training to identify, grade and handle embryos
- Keep informed of new developments in Embryo Transfer, I.V.F., cloning, etc. and become conversant with all technical terms and physiological conditions associated with animal breeding
- Travel to locations throughout Northern Ireland and border countries of the Republic of Ireland to provide an on-farm service
- Maintain a flexible attitude towards hours of work, as required for the provision of an on farm E.T. service (possible early mornings / late evenings, etc.), minimum 40 hours per week
- Be comfortable working in a farm environment
- A minimum of one ‘A’ level or equivalent in Biology or Chemistry, or 2 years’ experience in a laboratory setting
- Previous laboratory experience would be of benefit
- Some farming / agricultural knowledge would be advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Own vehicle and full driving licence
- Salary scale: £18,000-£21,500, depending on qualifications & experience
- 21 days annual leave plus 8 statutory days
- Mileage allowance
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV to Linda Peoples, HR Manager: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 18th April 2022.
AI Services (NI) is an Equal Opportunities Employer.